Child support and adult child maintenance
We advise parents of their entitlements to receive child support and obligations to pay child support. We assist parents to negotiate arrangements for the ongoing financial support of their children and adult children.

We help clients to apply for child support via the Child Support Agency. If you believe your child support assessment is incorrect, we can assist you to prepare submissions to have the assessment reviewed. If your former partner has failed to meet their child support obligations, we can assist you to navigate the collection and enforcement process.

We appreciate that parents often wish to continue financially supporting their children beyond them turning 18 years of age or completing secondary school. Our family lawyers assist clients to put financial arrangements in place for the ongoing support of their adult children, for example while they are completing their tertiary studies.